News & Announcements
March 19, 2023
To all the brothers and sisters from all the language groups who served and participated in Saturday’s Spring Festival.
The annual church registration continues throughout the month of March. We are asking all church members and attendees to complete and return the Annual Registration card or to register online. As a thank you, each person who registers (card or online) will receive a 60th Anniversary Dinner Ticket when you visit the registration table after the service.
April 2 Panel: Questions Requested
There will be a panel discussion with the pastoral staff during the Apr 2 Sunday service to reflect on our RE: Church Ephesians series thus far and Passion Week. To help us to prepare, please share with us the questions or reflections you’ve had in response to the sermons by using the bulletin communication card and giving it to one of the usher or by emailing email@example.com by Wed, Mar 29, for your input to be considered.
Red Cross Blood Drive (Tue, 3/21)
MBCLA will host a blood drive in the GWC on Tue, Mar 21, 1-7pm. We need your help to reach our goal! To schedule an appointment, contact Minister Justin (Justinchang@mbcla.org).
Hospitality Ministry Lunch (Sun, 3/26)
Do you like meeting new people? Are you looking to get involved? Would you like to welcome Sunday worshippers? If you answered yes to any of these questions, come join the team for lunch on Sun, Mar 26, at 12:30pm in G-110 to learn more details. RSVP to Rudy (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Mar 22.
Good Friday and Easter Worship Services
- Good Friday Lord’s Supper Service – Fri, Apr 7, 7:30pm, MC Sanctuary
(No childcare or ministry activities.)
- Easter Sunday Worship Services – Sun, Apr 9, 9am/11am
- English Worship: 9am, GWC Sanctuary
- Cantonese Worship: 11am, GWC Sanctuary
- Mandarin Worship: 9am/11am, MC Sanctuary
- 60th Anniversary Celebration Service – Sun, Apr 9, 4pm, MC Sanctuary
“Gathering As Family”: Join us as we celebrate 60 years of God’s faithfulness! Featuring the MBCLA Combined Choir. Dinner to follow. Purchase dinner tickets ($5) after the service in the lobby starting today. (No childcare or ministry activities.)
Please pray for those who are in the process of joining our church family from the Mandarin, Cantonese, and Glendora congregations:
- On Apr 2 (Cantonese), through baptism: Dieu Sieu Chung, Linda Quan; through transfer: Sylvia Chan, Kin Ming Chan, Shirley Pun, Shirley Leung.
- On Apr 9 (Mandarin), through baptism: Evelyn Guo, Jun Lin Liu.
- On Apr 9 (Glendora), through baptism: Shou Qiang Fan, Min Yi Hua, David Ye, Honey Zhang
Short-term Missions Opportunities
If you are interested in any of the following missions opportunities or for more info, email email@example.com, responding by Mar 31.
- The Missions Committee is planning a VBS/English Camp in Rome, Italy, Jun 7-16, to serve Chinese churches in the city. See the IMB link for more information: https://tinyurl.com/bddtvy3n.
- The Missions Committee is partnering with an East Coast church to conduct an English Leadership Camp (Jun 23-Jul 8) for university students in Taiwan.
Youth Summer Mission Project (YSMP)
Save the Date: YSMP (STM to Native American Reservations in Arizona) will be Jul 7-15. More info to come.
Church Staff Update
Secretary Alice Huang will be out of the office Mar 20-26.
New to MBCLA
If you are new to MBCLA, finding our church through our online worship services, contact Minister Robert Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and to get connected.
Dear brothers and sisters, the search for English Lead Pastor has begun. Please join us in prayer as we receive applicants and consider referring potential candidates to the link above.
Midweek Prayer Meeting
Join our weekly Zoom prayer meeting, Wednesdays, 7-8pm. Email email@example.com for the link, to subscribe to the weekly prayer bulletin, or to send requests for the prayer bulletin. We encourage you to commune with the Lord and remember the needs of the church, community, and world through prayer at home.